Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ReThink: “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”

We have heard it all. Ralph Waldo Emerson said "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso said by Picasso.

But it seems to be so difficult to be ourselves in the world that constantly trying to change us. To be yourself had always been my first topic before I go deep further into the leadership training. Reason? Simple. We dying to blend in when we are born to standout.

We so much wanna become the next Jack Welch, when there is already a leader in you. We wanna become the next Steve Jobs without realising the innate talent in you. We tend to overestimate what we are not and underestimate what we already have.

To make it different this time, I choose to deliver the speech by quoting the words from the Master.... Osho